Wednesday, December 07, 2005


I love advertising. Especially when it's done creatively and cleverly, and I tend to remember ads that are bizarre, confrontational, or downright fucking annoying. But this new one from A-Class in NZ has got me scratching my head. It's an ad for their "legal party drugs", featuring a bloodied bar of soap on a prison shower block floor, and the slogan "Because jail sux".
Rape crisis centres in NZ are going batshit over the ad, saying that it implies that "...
it is your own fault if you take illegal drugs and end up in prison being raped." Well, isn't it?
I can't say that depciting the aftermath of aggravated male rape is how I'd sell any of my own products, but then I'm not in marketing nor do I have any products so what the hell do I know?
Maybe these guys are on to something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home