Saturday, January 05, 2008

"Call the HR department, see if we need more wankers."

I'm a little late to this one, but here's the most woeful video job application you'll ever come across. Aleksey Vayner's application to investment firms made the Internet rounds late in 2006, after it so bemused the HR people that it was readily emailed about. I'll post it here as well, but it's all over Youtube.

As with any Internet meme, humanity stopped trying to cure AIDS, and pulled together as one to investigate this video further.

Aleksey is a little...shall we say liquid with the truth about his life. I know I try to keep the fact that I am a black belt in Wing Chung, that I am the world's greatest assassin, and that I am the universe's most beloved TV and movie star quiet...but not Aleksey. He embraces his fictions with a verve that's astonishing.

If I were ten years old, I too would think Aleksey was as awesome as he does.

And now onto Aleksey's video application "Impossible is Nothing", with long rambling answers about being successful, how believing in yourself allows you to achieve success, and how success comes from determination and belief in yourself and belief in determination. All set to a harrowing montage of Aleksey ballroom dancing, bench-pressing weights, serving tennis balls and punching a stack of bricks.



It's understandable if you can't sit through the whole video, but it's worth it only for Michael Cera's brilliant parody: "Impossble is the Opposite of Possible"





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home